Affordable Connectivity Program
Viaero Wireless is participating in the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a long-term $14 billion program created by Congress to replace the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program. The program helps low-income households pay for internet service.
What Is It?
- A monthly discount of up to $30/mo. for broadband internet service.
- Qualifying internet service includes a broadband connection that allows households to participate in essential purposes during the pandemic, such as telework, remote learning, and telehealth.
- Bundled service plans, such as Viaero’s Better, Best, and Ultra Unlimited plans, qualify for the ACP
- This program opens for households December 31st, 2021.
- Households enrolled in the EBB Program as of December 31, 2021 will continue to receive their current monthly benefit during a 60-day transition period.
- Households may obtain ACP-discounted broadband service from any participating provider of their choosing.
- Households may transfer their ACP program benefit to another provider at any time.
How Do I Sign Up?
Signing up for the Affordable Connectivity Program is easy:
- Only one monthly service discount is allowed per household.
- A household is a group of people who live together and share money even if they are not related to each other.
- Eligible households earn income that is 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines, participate in certain government assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or other programs, or already receive a Lifeline benefit.
- Choose how you want to apply and submit all necessary documents:
- Bring your Verification of Affordable Connectivity Program eligibility to Viaero and sign up for one of our ACP-eligible plans.
Viaero’s Eligible Rate Plans for ACP
|Broadband-Capable Rate Plan**||Monthly Recurring Charge||Monthly Recurring Charge After ACP Discount*|
Primary Viaero Better Unlimited
|Primary Viaero Best Unlimited||$75.00||$45.00|
|Primary Viaero Ultra Unlimited||$75.00||$45.00|
|Viaero Best Unlimited Primary Hotspot Plan Up to 5Mbps||$65.00||$35.00|
|Viaero HomeConnect 25 GB Up to 8Mbps||$29.95 + $10 equipment fee||$0.00 with equipment fee|
|Viaero HomeConnect 50 GB Up to 8Mbps||$49.95 + $10 equipment fee||$19.95 with equipment fee|
|Viaero HomeConnect 100 GB Up to 8Mpbs||$89.95 + $10 equipment fee||$59.95 with equipment fee|
|Viaero HomeConnect 250 GB Up to 8Mpbs||$149.95 + $10 equipment fee||$119.95 with equipment fee|
|Viaero ProConnect 10 Mb/s||$45 + $10 equipment fee||$25 with equipment fee|
|Viaero ProConnect 15 Mb/s||$65 + $10 equipment fee||$45 with equipment fee|
|Viaero ProConnect 25 Mb/s||$85 + $10 equipment fee||$65 with equipment fee|
*Speeds and prices of monthly recurring charges effective as of 12/1/2020. Customers who have autopay or qualify for Lifeline discounts on these plans may pay even less. A service contract is not required. Customers will be assigned ‘R’ class credit for purchasing equipment if they do not qualify for A credit. We will waive the accelerated remaining installment payments due requirement if at the end of the ACP program the customer returns the undamaged equipment to Viaero.
Who Is Eligible?
Households can qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program by showing that at least one member of their household meets one of the following criteria:
- Your income is 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Qualifies for the FCC’s Lifeline program.
- Participates in certain government assistance programs, including those who are on Medicaid or receive WIC or SNAP benefits.
- Is approved for the free or reduced-price school breakfast/lunch program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision.
- Live on qualifying tribal lands and income is 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly broadband service discount per eligible household. Lifeline customers can receive both the Affordable Connectivity Program discount and their Lifeline discount.
What Happens When the Benefit Ends?
When the government ends the Affordable Connectivity Program. Viaero will give customers the option to choose one of the following:
- Continue your Viaero broadband service without the Affordable Connectivity Program Customers who decide to continue service will fall under our normal credit and business rules.
- End Viaero broadband service & return any unpaid equipment.
- Change to a different Viaero plan. Our current plans include:
- Better, Best, Ultra, & Student Unlimited
- ProConnect Unlimited Internet
- HomeConnect Internet
- Return to your previous Viaero Lifeline service. If you were a Viaero Lifeline customer & changed to a different Viaero plan with the ACP discount, you can return to your previous Viaero Lifeline service when the ACP program ends.
**Many factors affect the speed and performance that consumers experience, including the programs running on the device, proximity to a cell site, the capacity of the cell site, the surrounding terrain, use inside a building or moving vehicle, radio frequency interference, how many other consumers are attempting to use the same spectrum resources, the high-speed data allotment and other features of your data plan, or data use by an Unlimited high-speed data consumer that is excessive compared to the average consumer. Consumer devices also have varying speed capabilities and may connect to different networks depending on technology. Network changes, traffic volume, outages, technical limitations, signal strength, obstructions, weather, and other conditions may impact speeds and service availability.